How To Care for your Luxury Vinyl Floors DIY
Your luxury vinyl plank or sheet vinyl flooring is not only beautiful, but it is also highly durable and waterproof. It only takes a few simple care and maintenance steps to keep your luxury vinyl floor looking beautiful for years and years.
When cleaning vinyl floors, use a soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt. Damp-mop as needed with clean water and a nonabrasive floor cleaner. Harsh cleaning chemicals should not be used on luxury vinyl flooring.
Use these best practices for regular care and maintenance to extend the life of your Luxury Vinyl Floors.
Best Practices for Preventing Damage
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately.
- Wash the floor with nonabrasive floor cleaner.
- Never push, pull, or drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.
- Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, non-staining floor protectors.
- Avoid using a vacuum with a beater bar.
Invest in high-quality floor mats for an extra layer of protection. Place the mats at entrances and exits to collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, such as dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, and even driveway sealer.