Emergency restoration and cleaning services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call us NOW!
252.491.6500 or 252.207.1477
If you have ever experienced damage to your home or business from wind, water or mold, you know how overwhelming the clean-up process can be.
Water Damage Emergency Tips – DO
- Stop the water flow if possible
- Remove as much excess water as possible
- Towel wood furniture, counter tops, etc.
- Relocate all knick-knacks, lamps, etc. to a dry safe place
- Use wax paper or wood blocks under furniture that cannot be relocated to a dry area
- Pin up draperies and upholstery skirts to prevent water circles
- Turn on your heating and/or air conditioning system, provided water has not entered the ducts
- Remove all non-color fast items like rugs, pillows, etc. and place in a dry area
- Remove all loose items on the floor to a dry area
Water Damage Emergency Tips – DON’T
- Go near contaminated (sewer) water
- Use electrical appliances and outlets in wet areas
- Use your household vacuum to extract water
- Place wet items on any absorbent surface
- Turn on your heating and/or air conditioning system if water has traveled in or through the ducts
- Enter rooms if the ceiling is wet and sagging
- Leave absorbent materials like boxes, papers, pillows, etc. in the wet area
- Let children or the elderly enter the affected areas